Saturday 7 July 2012

Happy Clappy

On Thursday, clapping was mastered. The Wee One now claps at every opportunity. On seeing someone? Clapping! Upset and wanting milk? Clapping! 20 seconds after waking up? Clapping! It's adorable, and along with a "mumumumumum mumma mumma mumumumumum" babble, I'm more tightly wrapped round the Wee One's than ever before.

We had a 7 hour stretch of sleep last night. It was bliss. If it was a fleeting occurrence, I may be a little upset. To combat it, we has breakfast, lunch and dinner today. I opened one 55g tub of fromage frais (with only fruit purée added, nowt else) and it lasted us through all three meals. Toast soldiers for breakfast were barely touched. Rice cake with peanut butter for lunch was sucked on and dinner was my own concoction of Spanish Hash. Dinner was the most successful, she seemed to eat quite a bit, maybe tonight will be a longer sleep again.

I'm so glad we've revisited yoghurt, it's another road into dairy and she seems to like it off the loaded spoon. I keep a right hold of it though to prevent it going everywhere. I let the Wee One guide it in herself, my hand is there to prevent it being used as a catapult.

Tomorrow we will be opening a other yoghurt at breakfast and offer it through the day with her meals. I'm think another wee shot at porridge tomorrow, or maybe finally some French toast made by me.

Spanish Hash

1 Medium Onion
2 Fat Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Sweet Potato (or the equivalent amount of carrot if you prefer)
1 Red Pepper
1 Tin of Butter Beans
10-15 Baby Potatoes
1 Packet of Chorizo*
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of Paprika
1 Cup of Veg Stock*
2 Tablespoons of Plain Flour

1. Roughly chop the onion and garlic and add to a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat.

2. Chop the sweet potato and red pepper into large chunks and half the baby potatoes. Add to the pan along with the drained butter beans. Chop the chorizo and add te the pan. Stir for a couple of minutes and then add tinned tomatoes.

3. Add your flour and vegetable stock cube to the bottom of a cup and add a little water to make a paste. Continue to add water and stir to keep the mixture smooth until the cup is full. Add the contents of the cup to pan. If all the ingredients are not covered, top up the pan with water. Cook until the potatoes are soft, approximately 30 minutes.

*I'm adding this note to talk about salt. Chorizo is a cured meat and naturally, quite salty. As with all my recipes, I don't add salt (apart from a tiny amount in bread). The Wee One doesn't eat a soldier of bread yet, so her salt intake isn't much at this point. I'm comfortable giving her some of the stew, without the meat. This is of course a decision you need to make yourself.

Also, I used low salt vegetable stock cubes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment