Thursday 26 July 2012

The Toss Up

I got my wish of sleep.

Unfortunately it's because the Wee One isn't well. A wee tummy bug/ear infection. High temperatures, sickness, diarrhoea and sleepiness.

I'd rather go back to sleepless nights knowing she was well.

My doctor suggested not to breastfeed, however this seemed alien to me, and I could hardly deny her of she wanted it. We've only had a few vomits and I'm glad I decided to keep offering the small amount she wants to take. Along with breastmilk, I've been offering cups of water and plain rice and corn cakes. Not much of anything is getting put past the mouth.

Our hearts are breaking for her, she is trying so hard to laugh and play. In fact she even mastered rolling from her back to tummy and then sitting up from there yesterday. But then she gets fed up and needs a cuddle an sleep. We're in the third day now and I'm hoping she's going to feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment