Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Re-Dip Agitation

We re-visited chicken tagine tonight. I love tagine, I don't know how I've lived so long without it. It's delicious, easy and loved by us all. I would also point out it's probably not entirely authentic either. We visited Tunisia when I was around 8 weeks pregnant, I was so nauseous that I barely ate anything and didn't even want to try anything. This is not me. I've eaten chicken feet before, I'll generally try anything. I digress.

The Wee One had a breadstick dipped in the tagine sauce while her portion cooled down enough for her to get wired in. Towards the end, Him dipped her breadstick again and coated it in cous cous and sauce. She lapped it up, and got most upset when he took it away to re-dip.

Chicken Tagine

2 Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 tin of Chick Peas, drained
1 Large Handful of Sultanas
2 Teaspoons of Ras El Hanout Spices

1. Chop the onion and sweet potato roughly and finely chop the garlic. Soften in a casserole dish over a medium heat. Slice the chicken and add to the dish along with the spices.

2. Once the chicken has started to colour, add the chick peas and the tomatoes. Top up with water to cover all ingredients. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.

3. Put the lid on the casserole disband put in the oven at 180 degree centigrade for at least an hour, if you have longer, turn the heat down to 160 and cook for 1.5-2 hours. Serve with cous cous and crusty bread or flat breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment