Monday 23 July 2012

This Too Shall Pass

Sleep eludes us.

It's difficult, we are all still functioning during the day, some days are harder than others. Blogging has not be forefront on my mind during the Wee One's night feeds in the past week, and it is through laziness, I can't deny I'm tired. Trying to make my brain work takes effort that I don't always want to muster.

It's times like this you have to be strong and I look to other breastfeeding mothers in particular for solace. Each one of them who has went through similar has pretty much said, "this too shall pass". If it wasn't for the support of Him, we'd be a different looking family no doubt.

Him has said he worries he looks bad for encouraging breastfeeding and Baby Led Weaning because it makes him look like such a "hands off" dad. Nothing could be further from the truth. It precisely participating in these decisions by standing back and letting breastfeeding and Baby Led Weaning take place that is helping our Wee One develop into a happy, healthy and wickedly cheeky child.

We've been averaging two meals a day in the past week or so and I can quite plainly state that the amount of food consumed is not correlating with the amount of sleep in this household. We've had nights of being up every 45 minutes and nights with only one waking. Nothing seems to explain why.

I take a deep breath when I'm getting frustrated and say, "this too shall pass... It bloody well has to!"

No comments:

Post a Comment