Saturday 16 June 2012

Has Thou Nowt Moist?

I do often reminisce about the old days. Especially university days when I experienced so many things for the first time. I tasted brie for the first time and avocado, quite early on. I also watched the West Wing and found out about a little Radio 4 series called Little Britain. I also borrowed a Stand Up DVD from a friend one night starring a cult comic called Peter Kay.

Yes my days are still all about discovery, through the eyes of another, and I must admit this thrills me.

Tonight we tried a cheese omelette for dinner so Him and I could enjoy a Saturday night dinner just is. I have to admit, I really love watching the Wee One eat when I'm not. It allows me to focus on each bite and watch her negotiating her way through a meal.

The omelette wasn't massive hit, however, she did keep trying it in her mouth. we had a gag and a vomit. Perhaps the newish texture (we have had omelette once before back at the beginning) was just too much to handle. She did have a blast with her water cup though. I swear we will need to dry off the ceiling with the way she was banging it off the highchair and making the water fire out.

So, perhaps I'm past making as many discoveries as I did that first few months of university, but I'm glad I get to share in the exploration of the new everyday little things with the Wee One. I think I would even give my experience just to watch it all for the first time again through the Wee One's eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment