Friday 15 June 2012

Interpretation

I'm starting to find out that most babies do the same sorts of things when they are eating. Here's some of the Wee One's top hits.

1. Slapping the highchair table really hard. The Wee One seems to do this when she is particularly enamoured by a food. One hand will be putting the food to her mouth, the other will be slamming out a beat.

2. Offering sloppy seconds. The Wee One loves to offer the end of her dinner to Him. She never does it to me. It is always a wet soggy mess of a thing as well. Him obliges by taking a "nibble" and making yummy noises.

3. Wiping hands in hair. I have mentioned previously about Him going down to the floor to clean up and never learning to clean the Wee One's hands first. She loves wiping her hands on his hair, mashes them right in there, and seems to sit and wait for him to start clearing up.

4. Gag-yawn. Most gags now proceed a yawn. One of the strangest/cutest things I've ever seen.

5. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Things that she seems to eat the most of are accompanied by loud mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds.

I suppose due to the fact that she hasn't really reacted badly to any food put down, I can't categorically state the she "likes" or "loves" anything. I suppose I'm observing repeat behaviour and interpreting it the way I see it. I am quite close to the subject I suppose to be in anyway objective, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment