Wednesday 16 May 2012

Busy Days

Wednesday's have become extremely busy days!

We have Happy Tots first thing, then Gran takes the Wee One for a stroll whilst I went knitting, then lunch with Gran, take Gran home then getting dinner ready. Today was no exception, however to make it even busier, Him suggested we grab some dinner alone!

So it was lucky that I did do lunch today! Breadstick, attacked as usual. Cucumber sticks gnawed and sucked on. A cherry tomato cut in half? The Wee One took one squishy feel and that was the end of it. No interest whatsoever in putting it near her mouth. From what I understand that, it can take up to 12 times offering a food, whole or in purée form, for a baby to decide if they like it or not. I'm also quite confident that the messed up crazy face we got at the beginning is a reaction out with the control of my little darling, and not necessarily and indictment on my cooking skills!

I have to say, I'm delighted with the success of the breadstick, but I feel I missed a trick making them! The next time I make them, it's going to be with wholemeal flour. I might even experiment with a few herbs the next time too in half the dough. I'm halfway through my jar already and I only made them last week! I have a feeling the next batch will be getting baked next Wednesday. It's definitely not too much effort to be doing fortnightly.

I was disappointed with the lack of frittata today, but it seemed I had forgotten about busy Wednesday's. Thursday is more of a frittata day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment