Thursday 17 May 2012

Re-affirming the Faith

Seeing your child vomit up the food they have managed to swallow is disheartening. Extremely disheartening. I was starting to feel like I was doing something wrong by the Wee One and then tonight, she cracks it!

This was of course after gagging and vomiting up a milk feed trying my cheese and courgette omelette during lunchtime.

Tonight I put out some avocado, a halved cherry tomato and the obligatory breadstick. I also loaded a spoon with smushed avocado. The spoon got it. Big time. She also squished the cherry tomato and sucked out the insides. There was one gag and no puke. It was great. I loved watching her eating and making lovely noises and enjoying her food. It's made all the mess and heartache worth it!

My courgette omelette was disappointing, so I'm not going to bother posting a recipe for it. It needs tweaked considerably!

We're going to try porridge loaded on a spoon tomorrow morning and see how we get on, after tonight, I'm so excited! Let's hope it's not one step forward and two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment