Friday 25 May 2012

Relinquishing Control

Today was still hot. We his out for most of the day and had a fun mummy and Wee One jammy day. It was lovely and relaxing.

Today for the first time, I used a few shop bought items for the little one to try. Namely wholemeal pitta bread and hummous. I could have made both, but a look at the salt content of the hummous made me happy enough, I would love to make every scrap of food from scratch, but let's face it, I'm lazy. My motivation has been lacking slightly as well during this week of sleep depravation.

Together, the Wee One and I sat and ate a lovely lunch and the hummous was a hilarious hit! I'm finding preparing for for myself and the Wee One the least time consuming part of the process as I need to eat as well. The best part is, because she is eating what I'm eating, it's forcing me to eat better and more regularly than I have been.

There was a lot of the lunch consumed, which has already been evident in the nappy, chunks of avocado and still some broccoli. Always broccoli. There is starting to be a change in consistency too. Hopefully this will be the starting signal to the end to the daily blowout. There has also been a multitude of methane clouds produced as well.

The Wee One has been a windy wee soul from day one. Her trumps literally (and for Radio 4 fans, I put the literally in there just to annoy Ed Byrne re this weeks News Quiz) trumps Him's, for which her is very proud of her. But the past couple of nights I've had to console some wind out of her when she's went to bed. It appears to be a common occurrence in BLW babes

I'm so happy hummous was such a great success, it's going to allow me to explore more dipping options.

No comments:

Post a Comment