Monday 14 May 2012

The Swedes Know

We have a clip on high chair, which I totally adore. The Wee One is right there in the action with us and there's not a gazillion attachments. It, however, does not like Baby Led Weaning. It is not wipe clean and has awkward grooves in it too. It's a real shame! We're hoping that once the messy stage is over (will it ever be over?) we'll hop right on back to it, but in the interim we needed a replacement. Something compact, easily cleaned and sturdy. Take a bow you lovely Swedish people! Ikea triumphs again. We purchased the antilop high chair and tray for half the price of the cheapest alternative. I love Ikea.

The wee one munched happily on a bread stick and half a banana and a bread stick in her new high chair this evening. The bread stick was ferociously attacked, it surrendered to gums and saliva, I'm quite positive a decent amount of it was actually consumed. The banana? Well tomorrows nappies will tell all. Today's nappies have been just awful. We had a proper poo-magedon. Poo all the way up the Wee One's back all the way to her neck. I was somewhat grossly impressed.

We have the added bonus that the new highchair fits under the table without the tray, meaning we can keep meals on the table too. Even after one meal, I know it was definitely the best we could of purchased for our needs.

The other purchase was coverall bibs. What on earth did we do without them? No more clothes will be sacrificed to the banana Gods in this house! It also stopped food falling on the floor. Did I mention I love Ikea? I'll say it again, I love Ikea!

I've got some baby spinach left from the salad on Saturday night and some puff pastry defrosting, so tomorrow's dinner is looking like spinach, ricotta and chicken parcels. Recipe to follow! I'm sure the Wee One will be able to nibble away at the inside of a parcel no bother!


No comments:

Post a Comment