Monday 21 May 2012

Monday is Brought to You by the Colour Purple

Sleep has been hellish for 5 days running, I reckoned the best we could do would be to make sure the Wee One ate some decent volumes of food that she would enjoy.

We started off today with porridge. Purple porridge. I heated some blueberries in a pan and added a couple of tablespoons of already cooked porridge. Purple porridge was fun, very messy too. Thank goodness for stain remover, the jammies she had on under her coverall bib were not spared lots of purple staining!

So to dinner. I cheated with mine and Him's dinner, we had chicken with a shop bought jar of sweet and sour sauce. We had brown rice though, which has become a staple in the house, we both adore it now. For the Wee One? Some rice, mixed with a tiny amount of blueberry purée, and some chicken removed from the sauce. The brown rice was a hit. Definitely enjoyed. Even better was the pudding! Two tablespoons of natural full fat yoghurt mixed with a teaspoon of blueberry purée. Two new textures introduced tonight by way of loaded spoon. No gagging. Victory. Small victories are just as sweet.

My blueberry purée was ridiculously simple, I plan on using it to flavour yoghurt and porridge for the next few days. I used 2 handfuls of blueberries in the bottom of a small frying pan, I half covered them with water and brought to the boil and squished and stirred for 5 minutes. Transferred to a sealable tub, and I'll keep and use it for a maximum of two days.

We're hoping for sleep tonight. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment