Sunday 6 May 2012

The First Meal!

So on Monday 30th April, Him came home with our shiny new steamer!

I was ridiculously excited. Kitchen gadgets do often have that buzzy effect on me, however it often ends quickly after I see how un-useful it really is and how difficult it is to clean. The steamer is not so though. 4 main large parts, easy to clean, easy to steam!

Dinner time was fast approaching, and my choice was, wait until Friday when she's officially 6 months? Nah, steam some sweet potato and see how we get on!!

So I did. I peeled a sweet potato, cut it into fingers and steamed them for 15 minutes. I set them on a lovely plastic ikea plate, set up the Wee One in her high chair that attaches to the table and Him and I sat down, laid the plate in front of her and waited.

We weren't let down....



Classic, but wonderful and most important thing about it? The clever girl put the food to her mouth, just exactly the way she was supposed to! Well done that baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment