Tuesday 15 May 2012

Testing Times

Every day, more and more poo seems to arrive. It's been constant. I'm putting it down to one of three things. Something in my diet has came through my milk, something in The Wee One's new diet is taking some adjusting to or teething. As I'm not going to eliminate milk or food and have no control over the teeth, I guess we'll never know. There has been definite evidence of more food reaching the other end too.

Lunch is now needed. So tomorrow we will have a lunch time. Both of us. Haven't decided what will be served yet, but I have some courgettes and cheese and a few eggs, I'm thinking frittata?

The humble breadstick continues to be a huge hit, as does meat whenever it is served, tonight I pulled the filling out of my chicken parcel and it all got the once over. I'm quite positive some chicken was swallowed. I guess we'll find out.

I'm including a a picture of typical
Baby Led Weaning mess, well typical for us anyway. The Wee One laughed at me tonight whilst I was down on my hands and knees cleaning it up. My hair was pulled, but I had cleaned her hands already, that lesson was well learned.

Chicken & Spinach Parcels

2 Breasts of Chicken
4 handfuls of Baby Spinach
1 packet of Ready to Roll Puff Pastry
5 tbsps Cremè Fraiche
1 large handful of grated Chedder

1. Slice chicken into small strips and brown in a small pan. Once browned turn heat down and add spinach and leave to wilt.

2. Roll out and cut puff pastry to make two long rectangles around 30cm by 15cm.

3. Add 4 tablespoons of the cremè fraiche to your pain and mix through. You will be folding the pastry over to close the parcel. With this in mind divide your chicken mixture between to pastry rectangles. Place half of the cheese on top of each chicken mixture. Do not use all of the liquid in the pan, if you do, your parcels may leak.

4. Fold the pastry over and crimp the three edges you have. I used a fold and pinch method and had no leakage. Make some holes in the top of your parcels with a sharp knife. Brush the parcels with the remaining cremè fraiche.

5. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 45 minutes. Serve with potatoes of your choice. Can also be enjoyed cold. A perfect picnic pasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment