Thursday 24 May 2012

Hot Hot Hot

Today was hot

Really hot.

Tomorrow with be hotter.

The Wee One proved today that she is indeed a winter baby. She was barely dressed and fell asleep around 5 times, most unusual.

Food wise, breakfast was skipped, I was too hot and she was happy with milk as she always is. I'm aware I'm making excuses for my laziness and I'm not even sorry. It's too hot to be sorry.

Dinner was a stirfry affair again. Ginger pork, broccoli, red pepper, spring onion and noodles. I removed the Wee One's portion again before adding any soy sauce. She had a good suck on the pork and the red pepper. The broccoli was decimated again. Stalk was left and the tops were swallowed. The noodles were played with.

We had to remind ourselves about what we're doing. It's about learning to eat not actually eating. Finding the mindset is difficult sometimes. But then you see the nappy and what she has actually eaten without persuasion or coaxing and you realise that the approach is working. Yes she may not be eating specific amounts at specific times, but I am learning to deal.

My poor Wee Lamb couldn't help falling asleep as soon as she was cuddled or exposed to any heat today, it's going to be hotter tomorrow, I'm considering getting a wee paddling pool tomorrow to let the Wee One splash around in it.

And so to bed, it's 11pm and still 18 degrees Celsius outside. As a dear friend would say, "Oy vey!".

No comments:

Post a Comment